Thursday, March 27, 2008

Real politics is cynical


International politics is really cynical and realistic. The China's olympic crisis reminds us that's only the strong survives, writes the history, and put their stamp on the worlwide map. The olympic comitee, the great democracy of our modern world are talking about the long term and the positive influence that can have the organisation of the next olympic games in Beijing. China it's the biggest marketing potential market in the world so forget about the burma repression, the tibet and the Daila Lama.
After all sport is not politics. So what is sport, in it ultimate representation of olympism? Let me remind something. Sport is a politic intrument to control the violence who is in all of us as human being, but also a fantastic tool of promoting the belonging feeling to a tribe, a communauty, a country, a nation, a system. So If sport isn't politic, I must be crazy. Like I am now. International Politics is cynical... Turn the spot and just imagine if Turquia or Iran try to organise the Olympics. Oh my goodness come on there is the Kurde's repression. Come on Iran,it's a terrorist state who want to blow the planet up.
At least we know that's the reality is there and that's the rality of money. The quastion is what I' m going to do at my personal level and you what are going to do.
Reality is cynical...I'm writing this entry on my powerbook, wearing a nike shoes.
I really enjoy basketball. Should I follow the final between USA and Spain or Argentine. Or seeing Howard dunking on Yao Ming.
What I'm going to do here in Norway when the french soccer team will meet the brazilian one. Well, I will drink a coke. Reality is cynical... It's up also to the sportman to stand up and to make a statement. Ater all that's them who are the hero of the story and they can confront the marketing vilain.

No comments: